Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What this blog is about

I have an ocean of thoughts from a lifetime of listening and not much speaking; now I feel it is time to get some on paper.  So I will drop a hook into that sea from time to time, and see what comes up.

The Forever River referred to in the title of this blog is the eternal reality upon which the world with all its ages floats like a short piece of yarn, and which also permeates this world; its presence is the immanence of a transcendent God, or Immanuel, "God with us". In John's vision it is the river which flows from the throne of God and the Lamb, bringing life and healing to all in its path. The vision of this invisible River informs my understanding of life, meaning and reality and I hope will come through in whatever I write here.

I wish for all who alight here God's blessing and a portion in the world to come through Jesus Christ, God's Messiah and our coming King.

No comments:

Post a Comment